dinsdag, februari 21, 2006

Home sweet home

When something goes up, it must come down. Perhaps a simple pendulum effect that has to bring you down from the heights sooner or later (usually sooner)?

Last night i was completely under the spell of a magical waltz. This morning on my way to the office, still carrying a smile on my face, i saw a police car standing on the sidewalk in front of this old decayed building. As i tried to squeeze myself through the wall and the car, i overheard one officer calling the forensics: will you please come to this address, here's a female corpse that has been identified... Bloody hell! My heart jumped.

At the moments like this people prove to be truly selfish, don't we? I was deeply disturbed, but not because of the poor woman lying there who probably had a family and things to do in life, i was worried about myself and trying to fight this creepy feeling that i will have from now on whenever i have to pass by that house again. I don't even know whether she died of an illness, alcohol/drug overdose (very likely) or was killed (also likely in this neighbourhood), but whatever happened, it's a miserable way to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anoniem said...

We hope it wasn't from the cold - My brother just got back from 8 weeks in Europe and said it had been a very, very cold winter for everyone over there. Our seasons are back to front and we have just had a lovely summer - just starting to cool very slightly in the evenings again.
You & I DO have the same taste - if you like my 'stylish' mystery picture for Aggie's Place. As soon as I saw it I had to 'borrow it' from the ever so good artist! It is just what I want to potray Aggie's cool! Thanks so much for that link to the Art.

22:59  
Blogger Karin said...

It is not that cold anymore, but your brother was right, it dropped to -35C at night in the end of January. Horrible...
Don't thank me, it's a pleasure :)

00:35  

Een reactie posten

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page